Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Family?

Hey guys, i just got a new tattoo for my Nina LaLa, who passed away little over a year ago. She was my grandmas sister, and the last of the elders in my family, all that's left in my eyes, is her son Robert and my mom and dad.
Why is it that when a huge part of the family like a grandmother or grandfather pass away that people split up and suddenly are at each others throats, when the desist would want everyone to carry on as if they were here and remain as one big family.
 When i was a little kid, I would come to San Pedro to visit my family every summer, I would stay for a month or two then go back home to Maui. It was awesome seeing my Grandma Lucy and my family, we would BBQ like it was going out of style.We would have some of the best Mexican food I have ever tasted. It left me with some good memories, like the first time I laughed so hard I started to cry, now which is rare but i savor every moment of it when it happens.
My Grandma Lucy was the best, she made some of the best food in the world, and always was there for me. She was my best friend.
Once we moved San Pedro, we lived with her for a couple year until we got situated. Every morning she would make little chorizo burritos and send me off to school.
I miss waking up to the smell of her cooking, I remember one time when I told her that I didn't like eggs and wanted just chorizo without them. She laughed and made me just chorizo and it was greasy not like what I was use to, I didn't know the difference but she then added eggs and it was amazing again.
I miss those days, but after she passed all of the family I once had slowly but surely disappeared. The tri-plex that my grandma owned housed the majority of my family, and when she passed her sister didn't want the house, so next in line was my mother so she took it.
One thing led to another and I don't really want to get into the whole situation, cause this will be longer then it already is, but my mom couldn't afford the house all by her self so she had to start charging rent. Now they didn't agree with that because of what every previous agreement they had with my grandmother. Well she passed on and my mother wasn't about to sell the house, so she had to charge for rent or everyone was going to lose the house.
Then the shit talking really begun and they fucked the house up and dipped out. I was young back then but now i realize what happened and it's fucking stupid how selfish people could be sometimes. Now realizing how my family was, I'm kinda glad that I no longer have contact with them, I feel like I am better off without them.
I now rile on my close friends and my adopted family, The Flores Family. I found that blood isn't always there for you and it sucks but once you realize it you can move on and forget, I have to figure out the forgive part, but maybe later on.
I love my friends and my new family, you know who you are.

XMAGEEX 
 

1 comment:

  1. So sweet mike! I know your gram an her sis love you to pieces an are so proud of you an how far you have come, an me of all people know this. You know my family is your family an we have our own little close family within our group of friends. You just gotta go on an keep doing what your doing an "good things" lol (inside joke) will come your way. Don't be so hard on yourself, it could always be worse!! Love ya...

    ReplyDelete